Best Rhinoplasty in Istanbul Turkey
Rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery done for the nose to change its form and improve its function. It can be done as a result of medical reasons such as correcting nasal breathing problems or correcting the damage caused by trauma, fractures and various accidents experienced by some persons. Also, it can be for aesthetic reasons like minimizing and narrowing nose, to erase bumps, which change its external form and shape. Rhinoplasty is done for both men and women.
Rhinoplasty at Clinicana center Istanbul can change:
- Nose size in relation to facial balance.
- Nose width at its bridge or in the size and position of nostrils.
- Nose profile with visible bumps or depressions on the bridge.
- Enlarged, bulbous, drooping upturned or hooked nose tip.
- Large, wide or upturned nostrils.
- Nasal asymmetry.
When deciding to have a Rhinoplasty, you can discuss that with the medical staff of Clinicana Center by contacting us through our website and send us your photos. Each case differs than the other so we need to evaluate each one with photos sent. Our medical team will always be ready to discuss your problems and give the best of solutions.
Physicians at Clinicana Center can precise what face features can make you look special and tell you how the changes will improve your outlook; also, they will evaluate your nose structure and other facial features. Then we can tell you if your expectations are realistic.
We will take in consideration your health situation and discuss the dangers, healing period and the cost as there are many techniques used to rebuild the nose. In case you decided to go on with the procedure, we will tell you exactly what you have to do.
Red blood cells count must be in physiological limits so the patients can have the surgery. It is important to tell the doctor about allergies, heart problems or any other dangerous medical conditions or pregnancies. Also, we must know if the patient takes any anticoagulants or steroids or isotretinoin or any other similar medications. Anticoagulants must be stopped 10 days before the procedure if there are no recommendations, however, patients should consult a doctor before stopping any medication..
Steps of Rhinoplasty at Clinicana Center Istanbul Turkey:
- The surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- Patients are stopped from eating and drinking one night before the surgery (at midnight).
- The surgery is done after consulting the patient by an anesthesiologist and surgeon.
- Surgery lasts for 2 or 3 hours approximately.
- We may need cartilaginous grafts to be taken from ribs if the patient had a failed past Rhinoplasty or there was cartilage loss. This may cause a scar under the breast (4cm long) but does not cause any medical issue.
- Nose packing are removed postoperative day 2. Nasal splint is removed in postoperative day 5.
Important issues must be clarified:
- Bruising under eyes can be faced in postoperative period. Healing can be facilitated with medications, but you should better be ready to wait for 10 days to have bruising disappeared. Avoid heavy exposure to sunlight for a while.
- Do not wear eyeglasses for the first three months and avoid using lances unless it is necessary.
- Don't eat food that need hard chewing and avoid blowing your nose in the first week.
- Use nasal spray only after regular medical advice.
Ways and techniques used in Rhinoplasty at Clinicana Center Istanbul Turkey:
Not all Rhinoplasty are the same. That means each surgery differs according to your needs. After deciding to have a Rhinoplasty, the next step includes our help to evaluate what type of Rhinoplasty is best for you. There are four types. Medical staff at Clinicana center will decide which fits you best.
This type of surgery is the most common of all Rhinoplasty types. All cracks inside the nose are hidden without any external scars. Covering tissues are taken off to get to the bone and cartilage to do the needed changes. Many characteristics included in this procedure due to its safety:
- Low irritation of nose tissues (the cracks are not at the bottom of nose)
- Low chances of edema.
- Scars of the surgery are invisible.
- Short period of surgery.
- The healing period is shorter and going back to normal life is faster.
Open Rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery for patients who need extra work on their nose. The medical staff at Clinicana Center will cut the skin between the nostrils at the tip of nose, a region called columella. Then they will lift the skin up to uncover the inside of nose to have a better accessibility to make the necessary changes.
Open Rhinoplasty is chosen as the main surgery depending on the experience and excellence of the medical team.
Open Rhinoplasty is the best for patients who suffer from:
- Genetic and skeletal malformations of nose (jaw and flanged lip).
- Acquired nose malformations (strong traumas that need grafting).
- Mistakes resulting from removing bumps in the nose bridge.
- Unsatisfactory past Rhinoplasty.
After doing the open Rhinoplasty, the columella is sutured and the nose is fixed to keep it stable. After stabilization, the nose is rounded with a special plaster that fits the nose size to help protecting the sensitive tissues of the new nose during healing process. This plaster will be removed one week after the surgery.
Rhinoplasty with injectable fillers (non-surgical Rhinoplasty):
Non-surgical Rhinoplasty is less common and called Rhinoplasty with injections. Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, even medical assistants, or general plastic surgeons do it. Instead of cuts, some injectable products are used to correct the small defects of the nose. The mostly used products are juvederm and restylane.
One of the disadvantages of this method is that its results are not permanent. With time, the skin absorbs the injected products and the changes made will fade which requires additional procedures.
Correcting bad Rhinoplasty:
Correcting a bad Rhinoplasty is another plastic surgery done after the primary one. Patients choose correcting Rhinoplasty in case of unsatisfactory results or for making new changes not included in the first one. One of the most common reasons for correcting Rhinoplasty is breathing difficulties or irregular nose bridge.
Types of Rhinoplasty at Clinicana Center in Turkey:
We can summaries types of Rhinoplasty in the following:
This type is the most known, it aims to minimize total nose volume. Having a balanced nose with harmonious with other parts of the face and the person total size is commonly wanted nowadays. People who want to reform their noses complain a lot about it being big, more precisely; it is one of these points that may be too big: length or width of nose and its prominence (how is the nose away from face). In addition to that, many people with big noses have some convexity on their nose-bridges. During nose narrowing, some other points must be also improved like asymmetry, nostrils and nose tip.
Improving the nose shape:
Perfect nose has some unseen features that make it attractive, even if length and width are good; there are some other elements that affect the nose beauty. These important elements include précising the tip of nose, tip irregularity, asymmetry and the beauty of the bridge of nose. The good precise nose tip is narrow enough and have an appropriate shape and soft sides. Not precise tip is very wide, square-formed or bulbous. Weak tips result of thick skin or weak cartilages. In such cases, it is better to find a stronger frame that pushes the skin and gives a better eminence.
Correcting Rhinoplasty aims to reform the nose; it is done for people who already had one or more Rhinoplasty. It can varies from simple surgeries to remove bone or cartilage remains, or very complicated.
Nose restoration Rhinoplasty:
In cases of tumorectomy or after traumas, the nose stays very deformed due to the lost parts. Nose restoration is the plastic surgery needed to reform the absent or damaged tissues. They are usually replaced with other tissues. The three replaced nose layers are:
- Flexible outer skin tissue including skin and edema.
- Bone-cartilage frame.
- Internal mucosal lining: surgical restoration needs grafts taken from other body partsTotal nose restoration needs many surgical procedures.
Rhinoplasty for elders:
Aging results on the nose are the same as on all other face parts. They include. They include drooping nose, flattened or unclear nose tip, or bumps in the nose bridge. This type of Rhinoplasty aims to correct these changes related to age. Also, Rhinoplasty in elders is done with face and eyelids surgeries.
We will present some of the questions you may have in mind and their answers.
In case you have additional questions do not hesitate to ask us directly.
What is required time to recover and return to normal life?
- You will feel a bit tired after the surgery and your nose will hurt at the first few days with a little swelling and redness.
- After three days, you will regain your strength and the swelling will begin to disappear.
- A splint will be put at your nose and will be removed at the sixth or seventh day.
- The nose will be swollen and sore for the period during the next two or three weeks.
- The effects of the process disappear after two weeks of the procedure and the patient has a natural nose and the shape that he wants and that fits his face, as by modern techniques, the shape of the nose after the operation is 97% of the form agreed upon before the operation.
How long does it take to stay in Turkey?
The patient have to stay in Turkey for 7 nights. Two days after the surgery, he has to review the doctor for the last time before going home, where the plaster removed.
What is the ideal age for a Rhinoplasty? Are there any barriers regarding the age?
The perfect age for having a Rhinoplasty is the time you decide to let go all of your fears and have it. Adolescents and kids should avoid plastic surgeries because their nose is still growing. It is recommended after 16 years old for women and after 18 years old for men. There is some exceptions but these limits are generally.
How much does Rhinoplasty cost at Clinicana Center Istanbul?
This surgery costs between 3000-4500$ according to each case.
This includes one-day residency at a luxurious private section at the hospital in addition to transport from and to airport and medications.
Can nose be treated with laser at Clinicana Center Turkey?
Because laser is a tool of cutting and evaporating tissues, it can harm some internal parts of nose. And because it heats tissues it can cause cells death
Laser is carefully used in treating some of nose diseases like:
- Rhinophyma which is a development of fatty glands of nose which cause it to grow abnormally, the procedure is done outside the nose so non-surgical nose narrowing is possible with laser.
- Some surgeons use laser instead of scalpel to make small cuts under the nose in open Rhinoplasty.
- Laser can be used to remove tonsillar pharyngeal.
- Nasal allergies resulting from bigger cartilages on the nasal septum.
Can we have a Rhinoplasty without surgery?
It is possible to edit some of nose defects through injecting some products, but not all defects. For example, we can rise the tip of nose as we can rise the entire nose in case of pug nose.
Can we have both hair transplant and Rhinoplasty at Clinicana Center Turkey Istanbul?
It is possible to do both at condition of staying 10 days in Istanbul where hair transplant is done the two first days then the patient can have a Rhinoplasty. After 10 days the splint is removed. When the patient situation is stable he can go back home.
It is important not to take Aspirin 10 days before the Rhinoplasty or the whole procedure will be cancelled. It is also prohibited a week after the surgery.