Rhinoplasty and nose surgery in Turkey
Rhinoplasty is a nose surgery performed to change nose form and improve its function. It can be done as a result of medical reasons, such as correcting nasal breathing problems or correcting damage caused by trauma. But it can be done also for aesthetic reasons, like minimizing and narrowing the nose, erasing bumps, or changing its external form and shape. Rhinoplasty is done for both men and women.
Are you thinking of getting a rhinoplasty in Istanbul? Here we will explain to you with all details what is rhinoplasty, what techniques are available, how much rhinoplasty cost in Turkey... And why Clinicana is your best choice for this type of surgical treatment.
How much is a rhinoplasty? To properly answer this question, several factors must be taken into account, such as the type of surgery and what technique will be used for the intervention; but of course, a key factor for the price of rhinoplasty is the country and the clinic chosen for the operation: for example, a rhinoplasty in London will always be much more expensive than the same surgery done in Istanbul, where there are great surgeons but price costs are much more affordable.
Normally, the price of a rhinoplasty in the UK ranges from £4,500 to £8,000, even more; however, the price of a rhinoplasty in Turkey in our Istanbul's clinic ranges from $3,000 to $4,500 (that is, from £2,300 to around £3,500), depending on each case and the treatment that is needed.
Besides, we include in that price a day of accommodation in a private luxury section in our modern hospital, as well as the cost of medicines, and of course all transfers from and to Istanbul's airport. And the most important: we believe that the result of your rhinoplasty before and after the operation will leave you astonished and that you will obtain the look you were a long time looking for.
A much more affordable rhinoplasty price is neither the unique nor the most important reason to choose our clinic in Istanbul, Turkey. Clinicana holds the international JCI certification and the ISO health certification, and therefore we can guarantee you that you will have the best healthcare support thanks to our specialized medical staff and its extensive experience. We also have the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Turkey, specialized in any rhinoplasty procedure.
By getting rhinoplasty at Clinicana, you can change:
- Nose size in relation to facial balance.
- Nose width at its bridge, or in the size and position of nostrils.
- Nose profile with visible bumps or depressions on the bridge.
- Enlarged, bulbous, drooping upturned or hooked nose tip.
- Large, wide or upturned nostrils.
- Nasal asymmetry.
If you decide to have a rhinoplasty, you can discuss it with the medical staff of Clinicana by contacting us through our website and send us your photos. Each case differs from the other, so we need to evaluate each one with the photos sent by our patients. Our medical team will always be willing to discuss your problems and provide you with the best solutions.
Physicians at Clinicana can precisely what face features can make you look better, and explain to you how changes will improve your look; also, they will evaluate your nose structure and other facial features. After analyzing your case, we will tell you what results you can expect from an intervention.
We will take into consideration your health situation and will discuss the risks, healing period, and costs, as there are several techniques that can be used to rebuild a nose. In case you decide to go on with the procedure, we will explain to you exactly step by step what you have to do.
Take into account that red blood cell count must be within certain limits so that patients can have the surgery. It is important that you inform us about possible allergies, heart problems, or any other medical condition, as well as any possible pregnancy.
Also, we must know if you are taking any anticoagulants, steroids, isotretinoin, or any other similar medications. Normally, anticoagulants must be stopped 10 days before the procedure; however, it´s important that patients consult a doctor before stopping any medication intake.
- The surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- Patients are stopped from eating and drinking one night before the surgery (from midnight).
- The surgery is done after the patient is consulted by an anesthesiologist and surgeon.
- The surgery lasts for 2 or 3 hours
- We may need cartilaginous grafts to be taken from ribs if the patient had a failed past rhinoplasty, or there was cartilage loss. This may cause a scar under the breast (4 cm long) but does not cause any medical issue.
- Nose packing is removed in the postoperative first day. A nasal splint is removed in postoperative day 6.
- Bruising under eyes can appear in the postoperative period. Healing can be facilitated with medications, but you should better be ready to wait for 10 days to have bruising disappeared. Avoid heavy exposure to sunlight for a while.
- Do not wear eyeglasses for the first three months, you can use contact lenses.
- Don't eat food that needs hard chewing, and avoid blowing your nose in the first week.
- Use nasal spray only after consulting your doctor.
Not all rhinoplasties are the same. That means each surgery differs according to your needs. After deciding to have a rhinoplasty in Istanbul, Turkey, the next step will be to receive our help to evaluate what type of rhinoplasty is best for you. There are several techniques, and Clinicana's medical staff will decide which one fits you best.
This type of surgery is the most common of all rhinoplasty types. All cracks inside the nose are hidden without any external scars. Covering tissues are taken off to get to the bone and cartilage to do the needed changes. This procedure has several characteristics that make it very safe:
- Less traumatic
- Low chances of swelling
- Invisible Scars
- Short period of surgery.
- The healing period is shorter, and the return to normal life is faster.
Open rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery adequate for patients who need extra work on their nose. Medical staff cuts the skin between the nostrils at the tip of the nose, a region called columella; then they will lift the skin up to uncover the inside of the nose, to have better accessibility in order to make the necessary changes. Only medical teams with enough experience and the best skills can perform an open rhinoplasty.
- Genetic and skeletal malformations of the nose (cleft lip nose deformity).
- Acquired nose malformations (strong traumas that need grafting).
- Mistakes resulting from removing bumps in the nose bridge.
- Unsatisfactory past rhinoplasty.
After performing an open rhinoplasty, the columella is sutured and the nose is fixed to keep it stable. After stabilization, the nose is rounded with a special plaster that fits the nose size, just to help to protect the sensitive tissues of the new nose during the healing process. This plaster will be removed one week after the surgery.
Secondary rhinoplasty (Correcting a bad rhinoplasty):
Correcting a bad result of rhinoplasty is another plastic surgery done after the first one. Patients choose to correct rhinoplasty in case of unsatisfactory results or to make new changes not included in the first one. One of the most common reasons for correcting rhinoplasty is breathing difficulties or irregular nose bridge.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is less common and is also called injection rhinoplasty. Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and even medical assistants or general plastic surgeons can do it. Instead of cuts, some injectable products are used to correct small defects of the nose. The most used products are Juvederm and Restylane.
One of the disadvantages of this method is that its results are not permanent. With time, the skin absorbs the injected products, and changes made will fade, which will require additional procedures.
We can resume the main types of rhinoplasty in the following:
This type is the most known: it aims to minimize total nose volume. Many people wish to have a balanced nose, harmonious with other parts of the face and the person's total size. People who want to reform their noses complain a lot about it being big: maybe because of the length or width, or because of its prominence (how is the nose away from face).
In addition to that, many people with big noses have some convexity on their nose-bridges. During nose narrowing surgery, some other points must be also improved like asymmetry, nostrils, and nose tip.
A perfect nose has some unseen features that make it attractive. Even if length and width are good, there are some other elements that affect nose beauty. These important elements include the shape of the nose, tip irregularity, asymmetry, and the beauty of the bridge of the nose.
A good shaped up nose tip is narrow enough and has an appropriate shape and soft sides. A not precise tip is very wide, square-formed, or bulbous. Weak tips result of thick skin or weak cartilages: in such cases, it is better to find a stronger frame that pushes the skin and gives a better firmness.
Correcting rhinoplasty aims to reform the nose; it is done for people who already had one or more rhinoplasties. It can vary from simple surgeries to remove bone or cartilage remains, or much more complicated interventions.
In cases of tumorectomy or after traumas, the nose may result very deformed due to the lost parts. Nose restoration is the plastic surgery needed to reform the absent or damaged tissues. They are usually replaced with other tissues. The three replaced nose layers are:
- Flexible outer skin tissue, including skin and sub skin soft tissue
- Bone-cartilage frame.
- Internal mucosal lining: surgical restoration needs grafts taken from other body parts.
Total nose restoration needs many surgical procedures.
Aging results on the nose are the same as on all other parts of the human face. They include drooping nose, flattened or unclear nose tip, or bumps in the nose bridge. This type of rhinoplasty aims to correct these changes related to age. Rhinoplasty in elders is usually done together with face and eyelids surgeries.
Finally, we will provide a detailed answer to the most common questions among patients interested in getting a rhinoplasty. In case you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask us directly.
Usually, Rhinoplasty is one of the most painless esthetic surgery compared to others.
- You might feel a bit tired after the surgery, and your nose might hurt a little during the first few days, with a little swelling and redness.
- You might feel pressure on the splint because of a swollen nose.
- After three days, the swelling will begin to disappear.
- A splint will be put at your nose and will be removed on the sixth or seventh day.
- Rarely, The nose might be swollen and sore during the next two or three weeks.
- You will start noticing the pre-result after three months, wound healing of the human being takes almost about a year after the procedure. You will see the final result after 1 year from the surgery.
- 1 year after the surgery the patient will have a natural nose according to the wished shape. according to literature, there is a risk of a 3- 5 % revision operation. With modern techniques, the shape of the nose after the operation fits 97% of the shape agreed upon before the operation.
The patient has to stay in Istanbul, Turkey for 7 nights. Two days after the surgery, he/she has to visit the doctor for the last time and to remove the plaster, before going back home.
The perfect age for having a rhinoplasty is the time you decide to let aside all your fears and get it. Adolescents and kids should avoid plastic surgeries because their nose is still growing. However, rhinoplasty is possible after 16 years old for women and after 18 years old for men. There are some exceptions, but in general, these are the limits.
A laser is a tool that cuts and evaporates tissues, so it can harm some internal parts of the nose. Since it heats tissues, it may cause cell death, too. However, the laser is carefully used in treating some of the nose conditions, like for example:
- Rhinophyma, which is a development of fatty glands of the nose which causes it to grow abnormally. The procedure is done outside the nose, so non-surgical nose narrowing is possible with a laser.
- Reducing the size of the nasal concha.
- Some surgeons use a laser instead of a scalpel to make small cuts under the nose in open rhinoplasty.
- Nasal allergies resulting from bigger cartilages on the nasal septum.
As we explained before, it is possible to correct some nose defects by injecting some products, but not all defects. For example, we can raise the tip of the nose in case of a pug nose.
It is possible to do both treatments but on condition that you should stay 9 days in Istanbul, first, a hair implant operation will be done, after 2 days we will proceed with rhinoplasty. After 6 days the splint is removed, and once the patient's situation is stable he/she can go back home.
Please, remember that you should not take Aspirin at least 10 days before your rhinoplasty or your nose surgery will be canceled for your own health and security. We also do not recommend taking Aspirin during the first week after the surgery.
Because of the positions during hair transplant surgery, we have to perform it firstly, after 1 day from hair transplantation we do the nose job.