Liposuction in Turkey, Istanbul
A liposuction in Turkey can help you to remove all the extra adipose tissue from certain body parts, to improve your body image and beautifying it, reducing your waistline as well as other parts of your body.
Most people seek to have a decent outlook and a slim body, but under skin fat is one of the most important barriers that keeps them from having the body they want.
Clinicana's medical centre in Istanbul, Turkey, is considered among the most modern and best clinics offering the possibility of a liposuction surgery. In order to offer you all the necessary information, we would like to explain you everything you need to know about liposuction alternatives and techniques, before you decide to get ready for your liposuction in Istanbul with Clinicana.
Liposuction is the name of a surgery treatment in which accumulated fat is removed with special surgical tools. This procedure can be done by a medical aspirator, a laser, radiofrequency or water flow.
Liposuction is not a way to lose weight; instead, it is a method to sculpt the body. In this procedure local fat is extracted with a thin tube while applying negative pressure (suction). These thin tubes are called cannulas.
Many people become interested in this type of techniques, and of course they want to know how much does liposuction cost. However, to calculate how much is liposuction we have to take into account that the price will vary depending on the technique used, but especially on the amount of fat that will need to be removed, and also on the areas to be treated.
For example, the price will not be the same depending on if we are planning a calf liposuction, a chin liposuction, a knee liposuction, an inner thigh liposuction, a neck liposuction, a breast liposuction, a cheek liposuction or an ankle liposuction. Besides, a liposuction in London will be always more expensive than the same surgery in India, Mexico or Turkey.
In fact, Turkey and especially Istanbul are one of the main destinations in the world for this type of aesthetic treatments, since the country is famous for its modern facilities and the very good skills and experience of its doctors.
Not just because of that, but also because of the very affordable prices. Let´s think about how much is liposuction in the UK: a liposuction in UK ranges from about £5,000 and can became as much as £12,000, or even more; however, a liposuction in Turkey costs an average price of £1,800, with prices ranging from a minimum of £900 and a maximum of £4200. That is: the liposuction cost in the UK is 3 to 5 times more expensive than in Turkey. Besides, do not forget that price of packages for getting such a treatment with Clinicana include several extra services.
We also provide our patients with cutting-edge facilities in one of the best and most modern hospitals in Turkey, with a very qualified medical staff and the most skilled surgeons. Do not hesitate to contact us for a free estimate without any obligation: we guarantee that you will be surprised by the price and by the before and after of your liposuction.
There are some conditions and requirements to have a liposuction. For example, the patient must be older than 18 years old and not suffer from dangerous diseases. In case of an abdomen liposuction, patient must have a natural body weight or weight gain not superior to 30% of his/her natural weight, since the belly fat must not be under any healthy regime or sport activity. In addition, patient must be in good health and not have chronic diseases.
It is better not to have this type surgery when too old, because the skin becomes inflexible. Also, the amount of fat allowed to be removed according to international standards is 5-7% of body weight, so if patient´s weight is 70Kg, then the amount allowed to be removed will be 7 litres at most (fat is usually measured with litres, not kilograms); in case a bigger amount was removed, the patient may have dangerous complications that can lead to death.
There are four basic techniques for liposuction, which are the following:
- Liposuction with aspirator: uses a medical aspirator (applying negative pressure), it is the most traditional way of performing a liposuction.
- Liposuction using energy: a special tube moves while applying negative pressure to aspirate; that is, mechanical power is used to break fat, breaking fat cells easily.
- Ultrasonic liposuction: fat is broken with ultrasound and then aspirated with a medical aspirator.
- Liposuction with laser: it is a new technique where fat is broken by laser by introducting a fibre laser through a little tube (cannula) used for fat aspiration, which causes the fat to melt so that y can be sucked out easily with the aspirator.
Perfect patients for liposuction with laser are those having a natural weight but with some body parts containing extra fat. Since skin flexibility reduces with age, this means that the possibility to perform a laser liposuction will be reduced with age. However, in laser liposuction the healing process is easier and ends earlier. This is the most preferred method by patients seeking a non-invasive liposuction.
- In general terms, this procedure is similar to the one that uses energy, but instead of using a mechanical tool to break fat, a little fibre laser is inserted into the body through a cannula.
- The procedure is usually done under local anaesthesia: at first, the area is injected with aesthetic products, which stimulate blood vessels contraction and limit the quantity of blood lost during liposuction.
- When the anaesthesia is ready, doctor makes small cuts around the area of a maximum of 3 millimetres length, because the cannula and the fibre laser are too small: this allows the laser to target directly and precisely the fat that needs to be removed.
- Laser energy breaks fat and turn it into a liquid absorbable by the body. Any other liquids should be aspirated.
- The patient will not feel any pain, only can feel something during the aspirating process.
- The maximum time limit for this procedure is 3 hours, but if the targeted area is bigger, it is possible to perform the treatment in two sessions to allow the body to rest.
- Liposuction with laser is characterized by not requiring a big surgery, but only very little cuts. This means that scars will be small or even invisible, and therefore it provides bigger protection from infections and inflammations.
- Liposuction with laser is selective, it targets directly the areas wanted to be removed, which means that the doctor shapes the body as wanted to get a more natural look.
- Because of the selectivity of this method, it can be used in sensitive regions such as face, hips, waist, thighs or feet. Additionally, this technique can be applied in places where there is thick skin and accumulated local fat.
- Liposuction with laser is not only good to eliminate fat: it also can lift skin to give a more youthful look and get rid of flabbiness.
- Healing time is shorter, so patient can return to your normal life faster.
- General anaesthesia is unnecessary in this technique.
- Bruises, swellings and pain are fewer when compared with other techniques.
- Fat breaking is bigger in liposuction with laser than in other methods.
VASER is a scientific term that means Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance.
Liposuction with VASER is a plastic surgery that uses ultra sound waves to break fat cells, which facilitates their aspiration out of the body. Liposuction with VASER is characterized by its ability to target only fat cells without harming any other tissues present in the area, like nerves and blood vessels, which makes it a safe choice for liposuction in very sensitive areas.
Liposuction with VASER aims to sculpt the body and show its beauty through removing all fat accumulations in areas like belly, neck, arms, thighs, chest or back.
VASER technique can provide impressive results through treating fat areas with ultrasound waves; after that, melting fat will be removed through a little tube inserted under the skin.
This procedure was designed to be the safest and softest on the body and the most effective, giving patients the beautiful features they desire with less tissue alteration compared to liposuction traditional ways. At Clinicana we perform this procedure at our clinic in Istanbul, Turkey, following these steps:
- At first we make a little incision of just a few millimetres to enter a surgery special tube.
- Then the area is injected with a special salty solution, which has many functions:
- Anaesthesia of the targeted area.
• It contacts blood vessels, reducing the amount of lost blood.
• It also expands the targeted area temporally, and so fat tissue is easier to be removed.
- Little probes are entered through the incisions: they sound with high frequencies that cause fat cells to shake and break from other tissues.
- The mixture of fat free cells and salty solution is finally removed with special tubes that help to protect connective tissues.
- After the surgery, patients are prescribed special healthy regime during the healing period to get the best of results. Doctor may also advise physical massage therapy to enhance the results and a faster healing.
This technique helps to softly and effectively remove fat and get a beautiful and natural look. VASER technique not just gets rid of fat: it is a special sculptor of body as it is able to lift skin, which helps to get the desired shape and look.
This technique is also the safest of all liposuction methods. It can be used to break large or small fats with special selectivity, thus avoiding any harm to other healthy tissues. Thousands of patients choose VASER technique to eliminate their body fat as the safest and best method.
At Clinicana we deeply recommend our patients to choose this technique. Besides, the cost of a liposuction in Turkey using this method is much more affordable when compared to other countries. Contact us for a free estimate without any obligation to know the liposuction cost on stomach, arms, chest, chin or any other part of the body, using the modern VASER technology.
It only affects little accumulations of fat. It can cause heating damage to important tissues. Liposuction with laser uses heat energy to break fat cells and close blood vessels. This broken fat tissue is removed later with a traditional fat aspirator.
In traditional liposuction methods, there are bigger amounts of blood lost than in VASER technique. In fibre tissues and in some breast tissues and arms, it is hard to get good results using traditional techniques. In this technique the surgeon introduces a probe to break, push and aspirate fat tissues out of the body, so it's highly invasive.
Despite being a faster method, liposuction with energy can generate irregular tips and many tortuous lines, since it is hard for the surgeon to control the machine. As in traditional methods, energy liposuction uses tubes and special mechanic movements to break and aspirate fat tissue.
- Some hours after the surgery, the patient can walk to the bathroom or to drink some water, or even walk around the house. From next day on, patient must walk at least half an hour every day. But he/she must be careful about putting pressure on the treated areas, and get massages for 6 weeks. Belly must stay as straight as possible to avoid gases accumulation and deform the final look.
- Always remember that liposuctions make cross-channels in the fat tissue. These channels collapse during the healing process, giving the final results and shape. At the same time, while waiting for healing you can get a liposuction in other parts of your body that had not liposuction, such as arms or feet.
- As with all other surgeries, symptoms like pain differ from one patient to another, but patients should expect that they may have to take painkillers for the few first days. Also, pain can continue in different periods. Most bloating and bruises will improve in two weeks, but some will continue for 6 to 8 weeks. It is hard to see the final changes on body shape before that time.
- Patients are advised to wear an elastic belt during 4 to 6 weeks to help lifting the skin; doctors at Clinicanawill inform you about how long you should wear it.
- Patients with inflexible skin are advised to have Endermologie (a therapy consisting in a deep massage using a machine that transforms skin and oedema into a juicy mixture, while applying a negative pressure, allowing to shape irregular tips of silhouette). With this technique, patients can go back to office work after just 3-5 days, and resume harder activities after only 14 days.
- Exercises advised after the surgery, like walking, may start at day 14, in a gradual way to lower adhesion between skin and other deep tissues. Daily activities will need some time to be restarted: any question about when to start work and exercise must be discussed with your doctor after surgery.
- Primary results may appear after 10 to 14 days, but will continue to improve for the next 4 to 6 months. Bloating and disorders can stay for months, and in case antibiotics are prescribed, they must be taken following doctors' prescriptions.
There is no magical regime after liposuction regardless the technique used, but there are some red lines that must be applied after any surgery. The scientific proof show that the best regimen to follow is the so-called Mediterranean diet, specially the following points:
- Eat more complex carbohydrates (like full grains) than simple carbohydrates (like sugar).
- Eat many anti-oxidants like fresh fruits, veggies and berries.
- Minimum amount of animal fat, and more of olive oil and nuts.
- Eat protein at every meal, but in little amounts.
It is not advised to have this type of food directly after a liposuction. They are found in fast food, fried food, canned food and fatty meat or full fat milk. You also must avoid treated food containing unhealthy Trans fats. Instead, adjust your food to be healthy eating fruits and veggies and full grains and low fat proteins, like low fat meat or fish, to enhance healing and to keep your new body look.
It is not good to eat salty food during healing process. High levels of sodium boost inflammation in your body and slow healing. You must limit or stop eating salt during the first two or four months. Instead of salt, try using other herbs and spices like onions, garlic, cinnamon or dried peas in your meals.
You must limit or stop sweets after liposuction, because they can cause unnecessary weight gain during healing. Most of sweet food contain low amounts of vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients for healing.
Alcohol is prohibited for the first 24 hours after surgery, including beer and wine. Following your doctor's recommendations, you may have to limit or stop alcohol intake for a longer period because prescribed medications can interfere negatively with alcoholic drinks. Because fluids are important during healing, you must drink a lot of water, and fresh fruit juices and herbal teas.
Following the main recommendations given by our medical staff at our clinic in Istanbul, Turkey, we would like you to provide with some useful tips to guarantee a safe and successful healing period after a liposuction with VASER:
It is important for your healing after liposuction with VASER to wear your supporting pressing belt. Doctors and nurses will tell you how long you need to wear it (usually till 4 weeks). This belt helps you to go back to your normal life faster, reducing bloating and providing support.
Leak can be expected during first 24-48 hours, and filter may turn light to pink, orange or even show no colour. Although leaking is not likable, it is good for healing because your body will not keep extra fluids that cause swelling. Be ready to put additional covers on your bed to protect it; you may also need to wear dark and loose clothes to feel more comfortable when in public.
Drink a lot of water with fresh lemons will help you expel toxins from your body and reduce bloating. Think of healthy food choices that help you maintain a healthy body mass, like many fruits and vegetables and certain proteins.
Constipation and bloating are normal in the days following the operation, and this condition can worsen due to medications given on the day of the operation. We understand that it may be uncomfortable for you: that is why we advise you to have fibre-rich foods, bread and brown wheat biscuits, whole wheat or flour, fruits and vegetables, berries like cranberries or raspberries, or whole grains like bran.
You can take pills if they do not need medical prescription, but we but recommend you to read the instructions and ask your doctors before taking anything.
Since recovery with this technique is much faster than traditional liposuction methods, you will be keen to go back to your gym and do exercise too fast, but you have to follow your doctor's advice to avoid hard exercises at least for 4 weeks. Anyway, we advise you to do some walking, as it is very good for blood circulation and helps reducing bloating. It also makes you feel better.
In most cases, you will see immediate results but you will have some swellings that can grow for some days. Results can be seen after 6 weeks but still you can have some swellings. As long as you follow these tips and the instructions given to you by your doctor, do not worry: soon you will get the look you were looking for. Contact us now and ask about the cost of your liposuction in Turkey!