Liposuction Techniques and Advantages
By Prof. Dr. Soner Tatlidede 2019-08-29
Liposuction has many techniques, some with more advantages than others. In summary, it´s a procedure by which locally accumulated fat is taken by using vacuum, laser, radiofrequency energy, or water jet. It´s important to underline that it is not a weight-losing procedure, but rather a lipo-shaping one. Liposuction can correct the contours of the body and increase one’s self-confidence, but it cannot create an ideal body fully.
Many techniques have been tried over the years for liposuction methods, and although some of these techniques were not adequate, those created especially by using cutting-edge technology have been accepted by the medical community due to the better results obtained.
Liposuction methods used nowadays
There are 4 main methods used nowadays for liposuction:
- Vacuum Assisted Liposuction (SAL): Fat removal with the help of vacuum is a classical method of liposuction.
- Power assisted liposuction (PAL): to break fat cells easier, a special movable and electrically powered cannula is used for vacuum suction.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction (UAL): Fats are broken with ultrasound energy, and then they are suctioned with vacuum.
- Laser Assisted Liposuction (LAL): In this method, fats are broken down by laser energy, and then absorbed. The biggest advantage over other methods of liposuction is the skin-tightening
Laser liposuction is in fact the most recent accepted method of liposuction, and its prevalence has increased after FDA approval in 2006. This is because laser liposuction breaks down fat at a higher ratio, therefore reducing the need for harsh suction.
The laser operation usually last less than 2 hours, and can be done under local anaesthesia; however, the proceeding must be always made under hospital conditions. It is used for patients with a body / mass index close to ideal, and with localized excess of fat. First results can be seen within about a week after the surgery, but they will appear gradually over a period of between 2-6 months.
What are the advantages of laser liposuction?
- Reduction of body deformities that may occur with skin tightening fluctuations when using other methods, such as sagging reduction.
- Fastest recovery time and return to normal life compared to traditional liposuctions.
- General anaesthesia is not necessary in this technique.
- Less bruises, swelling and pain than other methods of liposuction.
Laser Liposuction method can be applied to hips, waist, thighs, legs and facial regions. On the other hand, it is possible to put it in practice in all areas affected by cellulite and local areas with fat tissues. Effectiveness and recovery time after skin tightening with laser liposuction is better, too.
Ideal patients for laser liposuction are those with normal body weight, with firm, elastic skin structure, but with certain parts of their body with excess of fat mass. Age is not so important; however, elasticity of the skin decreases with aging.
Despite all this, laser liposuction method is still being criticized due to the lack of sufficient results, especially in the worst cases, so sometimes is seen as a complementary method to the traditional liposuction techniques. However, thanks to the use of 2nd and 3rd generation new lasers, greater amounts of fat can be incinerated and a greater efficiency can be achieved.
Now that you have seen liposuction techniques and advantages, maybe you are thinking of getting a liposuction surgery, and of course you will seek the best treatments at the best cost/quality ratio; that´s why you should choose a liposuction in Istanbul, Turkey, and choose Clinicana: we are in the best and most modern hospital in Turkey, and our medical staff has a long experience that will help you to improve your body image. Contact us now!