The Patient Said
Actually, the process started before the operation. I had a number of specific questions regarding the procedure, all answered. Clinics provided a detailed list of “dos” and “don'ts” before the operation.
In my case 5200 grafts was transplanted (very good donor area).
Don't expect it to be an "easy walk", I have quite high natural sensitivity and it was quite painful in some moments of the transplant. But I was informed and prepared for this.
I strongly recommend to stay more days after the operation in case if you transplant high number of grafts. Clinicana and their hotel partner will take care like a family, and this will help to recover a bit before the flight (especially if the one is long). I was staying 5 days after transplant.
So, how it was.
1. Blood sample on the arrival day. Very professional and skillfully taken, no signs on the vein after it!
2. Next day – early morning 6.45 at clinics.
3. Short briefing again (despite all things we discussed before), check of the documents, blood sample results, signatures
4. Around 7.30 moving to the procedure room. Very clean and comfortable.
5. Starting with anesthesia injections around recipient area. You will be warned: it is the most painful moment.
6. Opening the vein. Was a bit confusing for me as any interference into vein disturbs me. But again, I was warned beforehand.
7. Punctures to create channels for transplantation. Almost no pain. Be aware: you are bleeding...
8. Extraction of grafts. During the process, probably, because of some blood loss felt weakness. We made a pause and I had the meal.
9. The longest stage: planting the grafts. 3 people were doing at the same time.
10. Finished around 2 pm.
Despite hotel is a few hundred meters close, Clinicana decided to bring me there with a taxi because I was really tired.
On the 2nd day hair washing, and other post-treatment, post-transplant briefing and recommendations. I had around 30 questions to discuss, all was patiently explained in detail. Despite not included in the fee, during all my days in Istanbul I was coming for hair washing and supervision.
Swollen head in some places was a bit disturbing, but after 10 days all even small signs are gone.
Now is 3rd week after the operation. Transplanted hair are starting to grow!
Before choosing the place I checked a number of reviews of clinics in Russia, EU, Turkey and even visited some clinics. I found it as one of best “value for money” options. But I had about 40 emails with Clinicana to make sure it really is as appears on the web.
Overall: I do not regret and I can recommend it to my friends.
1. Transparency. Clinicana are doing what they say (or even more!), and saying what they do. Clients are holding all the discussions not separately but all together in a nice hall, having a chance to share all between themselves. I left Istanbul with some friends. Besides I got the contract template before decision to go to Istanbul (Clinics usually do not agree!).
2. Focused on result, but not just executing of transplant. Top level of hygiene and transplant execution is there, no doubt. But there’s a high focus on pre and, especially, post operation procedures. And now I understand why: you can easily spoil any good transplant procedure. You feel yourself a client even after the transplant, you feel their objective is not just to formally execute the transplant, but to make you happy with your own look with a new hair!
3. I like detailed written instructions at all steps.