What are the best vitamins for hair growth?
The use of vitamins for hair growth is part of the care that we must give to our hair if we want to maintain its health, and thus prevent hair loss problems. However, we do not always know what are the vitamins that help hair growth, or which ones should we take depending on the condition we are suffering in our hair or on the scalp.
Before thinking about hair implants and looking for information about the hair transplant cost, we at Clinicana always insist on the importance of prevention. If we notice that our hair falls out more than usual, or lacks shine and strength, taking some vitamins may be the solution. But, what vitamins are good for hair growth and what are the best vitamins for hair growth? When should I take them? What’s the importance of vitamins in hair health? What vitamin deficiency do I suffer if my hair falls out? We answer all these questions – and many more – in the following lines.
Why vitamin deficiency can cause hair loss?
For years, hair health was approached from a purely aesthetic point of view. Nowadays however, it is approached taking into account all the factors that influence hair, since the knowledge about hair and baldness advances more and more. And this is where factors such as hair, skin and nails vitamins - which are essential for their correct growth and development – take special importance.
Although we know that hair grows approximately one centimetre per month, there are different factors that can slow its growth, weaken hair, or even cause it to fall out. For example, in times of seasonal hair loss or stress, hair falls out much more than normal due to changes in our body, since our hair reflects our health status and even our nutritional deficiencies.
Therefore, just as changes in diet and other nutritional factors can alter our hair health, the same happens if we lack of some vitamin. The benefits of vitamins for hair and nail growth are well known, whether you take them through vitamin supplements, or through vitamin-rich foods.
When should I take a vitamin for hair loss?
Before knowing which are the best vitamins for hair growth, we must remember that vitamins are therefore essential to stimulate hair growth and keep it resistant, healthy and with a good density. We recommend - after consultation with a specialist – to take a vitamin complex for hair in the following cases:
- When our hair becomes matted and dull.
- If we have dry and / or brittle hair.
- If dandruff appears.
- In the event of any excessive hair loss, whether it is temporary or not.
- If we perceive growth problems, or the appearance of low-density areas.
- When grey hair appears at an early age.
- If our scalp has an excess of sebum.
Do hair vitamins work?
Certainly, the benefits of vitamins are multiple. The use of vitamins for hair growth is common since many of them stimulate follicles growth. In addition, some vitamins help to increase hair density, or reduce excess of sebum, or can even delay cell degeneration and the appearance of grey hair.
Other important benefits of vitamins for hair, are the following:
- Increase nutrients supply.
- Stimulate and regenerate weakened follicles.
- Provide shine and strength to hair.
- Delay hair loss.
- Alleviate certain symptoms, and prevent some scalp diseases.
What vitamins help hair growth?
If we suffer from hair or scalp problems, it may be advisable to buy some vitamin complex in a pharmacy, where we can find a wide range of hair vitamins for women or men. However, you probably want to know what is the best vitamin for hair growth, or to prevent grey hair, or to avoid dandruff or excess of sebum... Therefore, here’s a complete list of the main vitamins, and the most usual effects and benefits that they provide to hair:
- Vitamin A: this vitamin stimulates hair growth and improves hair hydration, increasing sebum production in dry hair.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): thiamine increases hair shine.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin): it helps to stimulate blood circulation, and thus provides nutrients to scalp.
- Vitamin B7 (biotin): it regenerates damaged follicles and stops hair loss. For this reason, it is common to use biotin vitamins for hair growth.
- Vitamin B8: provides a strong and healthy hair.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid): regenerates hair cells and stimulates growth.
- Vitamin B12: favours the production of red blood cells, and therefore the oxygenation of scalp.
- Vitamin C: stimulates blood flow and the creation of collagen. Benefits of vitamin C for hair growth are well known.
- Vitamin E: provides shine to hair; besides, it´s usual to use vitamin E for hair growth since it stimulates the absorption of oxygen. It is a powerful antioxidant that prevents hair aging, too.
Hair loss and thinning are problems that we can suffer at any time, and the use of vitamins for hair growth can be a good solution, although obviously they cannot stop alopecia. The important thing is to put yourself in the hands of specialists at the first symptoms: Clinicana is the best hair transplant clinic in Turkey, and we are specialised in all hair treatments. Request a totally free consultation, and ask us for a free, no obligation estimate for your treatment.